Candidate Tips & Advice
Key Interview action points
During your interview it is important to:
- Make sure you give the interviewer your full attention
- Wait for them to finish speaking, before you answer the question
- Make sure you ask open questions, to ensure you get full answers
- Check you understand everything that has been said
At the end of the interview find out what will happen next:
- When will I hear from you?
- How will I be informed?
- Do you need any more information from me?
Candidates can easily find themselves on the defensive, trying to justify themselves, rather than sell their attributes. A good interviewer will often throw all sorts of challenging questions at you, in order to see if you are suitable for the job.
To help you cope with these it is best to know the possible questions that you might get asked, here are some typical examples:
- What experience do you have to benefit this job?
- Can you work well under pressure?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What interests you most about this job?
- Why should I hire you?
- Do you have any questions?